The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments with a substantial infusion of resources to meet pandemic response needs and rebuild a stronger, and more equitable economy as the country recovers. The U.S. Department of Treasury has released guidance on the State and Local Coronavirus Fiscal Recovery Fund (Recovery Fund), part of the American Rescue Plan Act. The U.S. Treasury recently opened a new portal agencies must use to receive Fiscal Recovery Funds. The bill includes $65.1 billion in direct, flexible aid to every county in America, as well as $45.6 billion to metropolitan cities, and $20.0 billion to Tribal governments.
Within these overall categories, recipients have broad flexibility to decide how best to use this funding to meet the needs of their communities. North Point Geographic Solutions provides several eligible services including but not limited to:
- Land Use & Permitting Solutions (SmartPermit solution)
- Government Agency GIS Implementations/Upgrades and Data Management
- Forest Management (SmartFor solution)
- Bayfield County Land Use & Permitting Application (SmartPermit)
- Developed a permitting application to allow for less in-person contact and improved departmental and economic efficiencies.
- State of North Dakota
- Provide ongoing web GIS and data management solutions across state departments.
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation/MN Compass Project
- Developed a Census Data visualization solution to assist analysts in assessing economic impacts and aid in determining how to reach the demographics most affected by housing and food insecurities.
- Red Lake Band of Chippewa Department of Natural Resources
- SmartFor web-based forest management solution for 342,000 acres of commercial forest land.