North Point Geographic Solutions is a team of passionate, dedicated professionals. We are in search of highly motivated, talented individuals to join our growing team.
For Student Interns
We begin reviewing summer internship applicants in late February – early March. If you are interested in more information regarding summer internships, or would like to submit a resume for us to keep on file, contact us.
We are interested in qualified applicants for the following position:
Web Application Developer:
North Point Geographic Solutions (NPGS), located in Duluth MN is seeking a self-motivated, talented individual who is eager to join our growing small business team as a Web Application Developer. We are an Esri business partner and specialize in creating custom GIS solutions and applications for our clients using the latest GIS technologies, including ArcGIS Online and Mobile/Web applications. You will become an integral part of a small, dynamic team utilizing agile development philosophies and focused on rapid speed-to-market. You may also work on multiple, large GIS Programming projects for federal and state agencies, and have opportunities to use your leadership skills by helping coordinate small-scale Software Development projects as well.
- Help set priorities in projects and tasks and those of the team, balancing importance and urgency.
- Provide insight and support to other team members on a variety of technical tasks.
- Maintain a good understanding of NPGS Database contents and specifications, as well as the various tools and technologies utilized for database creation and maintenance.
- Understand the NPGS organizational structure and coordinate as part of a team with the potential to lead small-scale projects.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional projects, which will help to increase efficiency, quality and/or reduce costs within operations.
- Track project requirements, perform testing and documentation of defects, perform defect fixes for software development projects.
- Follow through on timely completion of tasks, while maintaining quality and integrity.
- Bachelor/University degree or Technical College degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Web Application Development or related field preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Eager to learn and come up to speed in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a team lead or project management experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and team spirit.
- Must be authorized to work in United States.
- NPGS Corporate Headquarters are in Duluth, MN, position requires availability to work on-site.
Please email resume and cover letter to Carolyn Adams: [email protected]